Saturday, January 10, 2009

10/365: Why can't I keep anything alive?



A few months ago I bought a window box and some cacti, purposefully because I knew cacti would be hard to kill knowing my previous track record with neglecting plants. And cacti live in the desert where there is hardly any rain, right? So it made sense to get them and set myself up for success. Well, lately the one cacti that has sprouted these two long antennae-like stalks is starting to wilt. I have no idea why because I'm not doing anything different than when they were thriving. It makes me sad because i was proud of myself for actually helping a plant live rather than die, but alas, it looks like I was wrong.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I can't keep anything but ferns alive. My mother on the other hand had 20 green thumbs!!!